Wedding Hairstyle - A Top 10 Checklist
The big day is fast approaching, and the energy of the moment sweeps you up. But does it carry
your hair along too? Use the following checklist to ensure your wedding hairstyle is everything you dream it
1. Which stylist? Make bookings for consultations with more than one stylist well in advance and decide on the
one you feel most comfortable with. You should be able to express your likes and dislikes without feeling
Find your Bridal look now
Try thousands of hairstyles, makeup colors & accessories on your own photo!
2. Long hair, shoulder length, or short hair? It is important to consult with your stylist well in advance and
make a decision. Long hair obviously gives the stylist much freedom for creativity but a skilled stylist can also
work well with medium and short styles. Be sure to choose a length that fits with your personality and style.
3. Have your hair complement your wedding dress. This can be done by both style and accessories. Smooth,
straight hair and pinned up curls are often paired up with smooth satin gowns, whereas a tulle dress often goes
well with soft curls.
4. Take into consideration your silhouette. If it's along horizontal
lines such as with a wide dress, you'll want to stick with that look for your hair as well. The same goes for
a vertical profile.
5. You'll be spending a lot of time at the salon picking out the perfect wedding hairstyle, so it's best to be
prepared. Be sure to wash your hair the night before your consultation, and try to have some pictures of styles
you'd like to try out.
6. Take a picture of your wedding dress along to your stylist. This will greatly help the process along. Also
take your veil with you, and let the stylist know what kind of wedding you are having: formal, informal, evening,
daytime. Alternatively, consult with your stylist before deciding on your headpiece.
7. If you are interested in a new cut or color to your hair, don't wait until right before your wedding. Make
the changes during the initial consultation with the stylist, so that you don't have any unpleasant surprises down
8. After you have decided on your style, make sure you walk around with it. Your wedding day will be a long one
and you certainly don't want an uncomfortable hair do causing irritation!
9. Your veil length will have some influence on your choice of hairstyle. Normally, the veil is longer than the
hair. It is often secured in back swept hair (for up dos) and it's important to make sure the style can hold the
veil in place.
10. What accessories are you going to wear? You will already (hopefully!) have your headpiece picked out.
Flowers, pins, and beads can be used to add an extra sparkle to your hair, and you can and should coordinate them
with the rest of your jewelry.
It may sound like choosing a bridal hair style is a strenuous activity, but the care and preparation is simply
to make sure your wedding day is the best it can be.
Following this ten point checklist will ensure your wedding hairstyle is a delight, not a disaster!
© Copyright 2008 - 2013 all rights reserved